By following the expectations and guidelines, peer reviewers contribute to the integrity and effectiveness of the review process of the Iraqi National Journal of Nursing Specialties. As a peer reviewer, there are several expectations and guidelines to follow:
1. Maintain confidentiality: It is crucial to keep all manuscript information confidential and not disclose any details to unauthorized individuals.
2. Timely response: Responding promptly to review invitations is highly recommended to ensure the smooth progress of the review process.
3. Relevance to expertise: Peer reviewers should accept and conduct reviews only for manuscripts that fall within their areas of expertise.
4. Prompt communication: If a reviewer is unable to conduct the review, it is important to inform the editor as soon as possible to avoid unnecessary delays.
5. Declare conflicts of interest: Reviewers should disclose any potential conflicts of interest, such as financial, personal, or professional relationships that may influence their objectivity.
6. Follow ethical guidelines: Reviewers should adhere to the Ethical Guidelines for Peer Reviewers (COPE) to ensure fairness, integrity, and ethical conduct throughout the review process.
7. Provide objective and constructive feedback: Reviewers are expected to offer unbiased and constructive comments and feedback to help improve the quality of the manuscript.